For most of you, online dating is something that you might be attempting due to the lack of time or sheer desperation of finding someone who complements you perfectly. The following article will give you a brief idea of how you should approach dating over the internet. The article will give you a wide variety of tips; from Do’s and Don’ts to safety precautions. I will take you through the entire process in steps:
Step 1: Meeting Someone Online
- Be Wary: When you are talking to someone for the first time, avoid giving out personal information like your phone number and address. In fact, if you’ve decided to meet each other don’t ask them to pick you up from your house. You never know what type of pervert this person could turn out to be.
- Be Yourself: If you pretend to be someone you’re not, things could get very messy. Try being your own unique self. Charm the other person with intelligent conversation and wit.
Step 2: The First Date
- Be In Control: No matter where you go, avoid getting tipsy. Stay in control. If you’re enjoying yourself thoroughly, try having something that doesn’t have alcohol in it. Alcohol can lead you into becoming something you might not want the other person to discover just as yet.
- Clean Up and be Punctual: Never forget to have a bath before your first date and always be there on time (preferably slightly earlier). You don’t need to be fancily dressed or bathed in perfume to be liked. It’s the small things like being there to open the door for her that will be noticed. Remember, it is the first time you are meeting this person. You don’t want them to think you’re unhygienic or not punctual.
- Pay Attention to your date: Never stare or gawk at your date but simply pay attention to their every word. A good listener is always appreciated. And make sure your cellphone doesn’t interrupt your date no matter how big a workaholic you might be.
- Be prepared: Always keep a list of non-controversial topics ready at the back of your mind. Conversation is vital for a first date. Be confident and witty in what you say but never make the other person feel that it is only you who is doing all the talking. Try asking questions and taking the other persons suggestions and opinions.
- Don’t be a pig: Eating as if you’ve never seen food is a definite no-no.
Step 3: Wrapping it Up
- Pay for the meal (For males specifically): Always offer to pay for the meal, it is a sign of a true gentleman. However never push the other person. If she insists on splitting the bill, let her.
- Taking them home: This depends purely on how the date went. Ask the other person if they want to be dropped home. But never pressurize them. Leave it as an option.
- The Goodnight kiss: Again, this depends entirely on how your date went. If there is a significant amount of physical interaction and the other persons body language clearly indicates that they are interested, give them a goodnight kiss. Mind you, it should only be a peck.
- Ask if you’d like to meet again: If you feel the date was a hit, tell them you’ll give them a call soon. But only if you actually intend to. If not, just tell them you had a nice time.
If you follow these tips, your first online dating experience might turn out to be one that you will cherish! You never know how you’ll meet your soul mate and if you haven’t found that perfect person yet, this method might prove to be your ideal solution.